Tuesday 2 August 2011

Overshadowing thoughts ...literally

During a morning site visit, I was walking down Beach Rd and felt an uneasy chill, which contradicted the weather at the time as it was cloudless and sunny. I soon realized that the entire Beach Rd was shadowed over by the new apartments and hotels (which were on the north east side). I was quite astonished at how the shadows of these high risers could impact the entire atmosphere of Beach Rd. I thought to myself that the developers would of been either quite oblivious and crude in their decisions and consequences of placing  these buildings where they stood. I believe they could of planned it out better... not that I had a better alternative approach to what they could of done... but I decided to create an architectural statement/raise an awareness on the consequences of overshadowing high-rises in the sectional model that was due the following week.




No comments:

Post a Comment